About Ceremonial Documents
Ceremonial documents are official correspondence highlighting important issues, charitable events, civic-minded individuals, or memorable occasions. Constituents may request a letter or proclamation to commemorate special events.
Requests process through an internal review and approval procedure. Therefore it is necessary to submit your request at least two weeks prior to the date the document is needed.
Requests may be emailed or sent by fax to (256) 772-3828; with attention to Kim Lindsey.
How to Request a Ceremonial Document
In order to expedite your request, please submit the following information:
- Specify the type of document being requested
- The name of person / organization being recognized
- Give a brief history of the organization or biography of the person
- The date of the event
- Information regarding the occasion / event
- The name, address, and telephone number of the person making the request
- Date of requested return