City Streets and Bridges
- Classification, evaluation, and the inspection of all City streets and bridges
- Development of a citywide street maintenance program (using PASER method)
- Development and Implementation of the City's Major Street Plan, which shows street classifications, traffic volumes, and levels of service along with recommended projects.
Traffic Signs and Signals
- The City installs traffic signals and signs in accordance with the Federal Highway Administration's Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).
- Any citizen-requested changes to existing traffic control devices of a street or intersection require a traffic study. The requested changes shall meet the specifications of the MUTCD.
- To request a traffic study, please contact the Engineering Department at (256) 772-5672 or via email.